10.12.2008

Weekend doing KID STUFF!!

There are so many fun things to do with kids here in Utah and having none of my own, I’ve felt a little jealous and left out from all the fun. Since I’ll be moving shortly I talked Katie into letting me borrow her kids for a weekend of over-stimulation. She and the kids drove down on a Friday afternoon and once they arrived we hit the ground running! We went to the Kangaroo Zoo (a bouncy place), the Dinosaur Park in Ogden, The Tree House Museum (Ogden), the Living Planet Aquarium, Clark Planetarium, Hogle Zoo, Chucky Cheese and The Discovery Gateway. We crammed all that into 2 days! It as so much fun! I’m sad that I’m moving away just in time for my nephew’s to be old enough to enjoy. These pictures are the weekend mostly in reverse and a little jumbled. . . Ronin is DONE! Two full days and nights of overstimulization and he is ready to go home.
Calvin, getting some last minute practice in before his three hour ride home.
Waiting for Trax ("the train") to us back to our car.
Ronin's Song
The Discovery Gateway Hive
The super market in the "Kids Eye View" community
Ronin on the Farm
Katie, Ronin and Calvin out for a drive.
Fireman Ronin and Policeman Calvin to the rescue
Fireman Ronin has a night job at the gas station

Back at the hive

Calvin the builder--working the crane
Ronin--exploring the many oppurtunities for a career in water works
Price check in produce


The march of the penguins
Wild sunflowers
Katie and the kids @ the zoo

Everyone's getting in on the water work action


The Living Planet Aquarium
Just mesmurizing!

Ronin's favorite was the Jelly Fish
Calvin--exploring the reef

At the tree house Calvin found the midevil land to be quite agreeable--he and I stay here at this table for most of our treehouse visit.
Oh--Mr. Bones?
Calvin and Levi suit up for the fire
Levi finally gets to visit Germany! Back at the aquarium.

The Boys at the Dinosaur museum
Stay back--oh wait, never mind. Calvin just informed us that these are robots--nothing to worry about--they're not real!
Treehouse museum music room.
Excuse me--I'm with the band.
Ronin show's Levi how to be a real drummer

The Kangaroo Zoo
Hiding from the dinosaurs is tricky
I didn't know the Triceratops came in BLUE.
A formidable entrance guard!
Katie takes a turn down the slide
The only useful thing to do with a clown--eat it!
Katie is a spaz

Run boys run!



The sneak attack works everytime!
So . . .That's our super fun weekend. The most fun I've had in a long time--thank Katie for letting me borrow your kids, it wouldn't have been the same without them!










1 comment:

Katie The Lady said...

Your nephews are so adorable. You are so lucky to have such a good looking family!

Your pictures came out so much better then mine, especially the aquarium ones. I love the picture of Ronin crying...it makes me smile to see him cry!